Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I MADE CANCER MY BITCH (If I had confetti, I'd throw it!!)



So, just in case you didn't know, PET scans detect the metabolic activity of cancern cells. Cancer cells metabolize the sugar tracer used in a PET scan much more quickly than normal, health cells. My before PET showed the areas where I had cancer, just being a bunch of gluttonous bastards and now, NOW, NOOOOWWWW, those little fuckers are dead. They didn't metabolize it at all. There was absolutely no suspicious activity.
YEAHHHHH!

So, my oncologists want to make this cycle my last (ONLY ONE MORE CHEMO TREATMENT LEFT) and then talk to the radiologists and see if they feel comfortable with that decision. They might be jerks and want me to finish up some more chemo just to be safe, but in all, everything seems to point to a finishing line. After chemo, 5-6 weeks of daily radiation.

Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment