Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Prep'ing for chemo #2

Tomorrow is my second chemo infusion. Woooo! One cycle down, 5 to go! (2 infusions per cycle, just FYI in case you are not in the loop)

Packing my bag for chemo infusions is complicated. I never know what exactly I'll need, but I always seem to over-pack. Compared to other chemo newbies, apparently, I'm much less anal. That fact does not change the feeling that I am packing a diaper bag for a toddler or something.

Here's what's in my bag currently:
-Little baggie of cheerios
-Saltines
-Lemon drops
-Water bottle
-Nintendo DS and games
-A book
-My medical record accordion file
-My vitals chart/recorder (blood counts, HR, etc)
-Hand sanitizer
-My (several) medications
-Stress ball
-Eye mask (for sleeping; the lights in the infusion rooms are SO bright!)
-iPhone and earbuds for listening to music
-Change of clothes in case I'm too hot/cold/uncomfortable/whatever

I'm probably leaving something (or several things) out...

1 comment:

  1. So sorry that you're going through this Susie...thoughts and prayers are with you! Your blog ROCKS! Thanks for letting us all into your world...you are so loved!

    ReplyDelete