Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I WANT TO GO TO THERE

I don't care if I have to sell my soul, I AM going to do this internship in Chennai, India.

I am totally obsessed with the idea of doing anti-human trafficking advocacy and HIV/AIDs education in either Ghana, Africa or Chennai,India (and you KNOW I'd blog about it!). The only problem is that I don't know how well I would need to be in order to do this sort of stuff; and yes, I've already flooded my oncologists' inbox with questions. I know I've only been done with treatment for a month and a half or so, but I am itching to get moving with my life. I know I have to finish my degree and I will, I just want something more. I am simply not content with sitting on my butt doing nothing. I didn't get to go abroad in college because, frankly, I had no money and had to work. That's fine and all, but still, I feel like I missed out on it and will unless I do it now. Besides, think of all the amazing academic and thought provoking opportunities it could produce!!!! NOM, NOM, NOM!

Anyway, after cancer, you start to feel like if you don't get to the things you want and love to do, you may never get to. I know its not the best way of seeing things, but at least I won't miss anything awesome. I have no idea how I'm going to pay for all of my medical bills, let alone a $3,000 trip to work abroad. Right now, it is just a thought; but I know I will do it some day soon. Perhaps I can ask my parents as a Birthday and several Christmases combined? haha, ya right.

No comments:

Post a Comment