Thursday, June 17, 2010

Healing nicely

I thought my blog needed a little brightening up. It IS summer after all, though you wouldn't know it with all of the rain we've had! Now that radiation is over, I'm looking forward to some dang sun! (P.S.: Check out by cute, scraggly post-chemo growth!)


Anyway, on to post-surgery life...I'm starting to heal up nicely with these special medical bras I was prescribed. They are supposed to give UBER support to the ladies and prevents the skin on my chest from stretching and thus ugly keloid scars. It seems that my granny bras are definitely doing the trick! I never knew how comfortable these little sports bras could be. I'm seriously considering switching to them full time, even though they make me flat as a pancake. Meh! who needs shapely boobies anywho? COMFORT FOR THE WIN!

I've enjoyed my post-radiation recovery so far. I've been able to do many much needed chores around the house, rest, and meditate on the things I want to do for myself. I actually started a list, which has so far included:

-More fun in general. Laugh! Lighten up, Suz!
-Find ridiculous peacock feather earrings.(I've started a collection!)
-Do some baking.
-Volunteer a little.
-Stop being lame. Be a good friend and keep in touch. Write letters/cards to friends family etc. (If you want me to send you a letter and I don't have your addy, email me!!)
-Go on more walks.
-Get back into music again. I haven't touch my instruments in years...
-Along that vein, save up for a used upright piano.
-Get a dog (but first, a job!)
-Find a job that pays you what you're worth!


Finding a job has been much harder after having cancer, eliminating many of the jobs I was able to do in college/pre-cancer. No more waitressing, food/beverage service, wacky hours or anything involving lots of physical labor. I've decided to stop the whole I'll-just-get-three-part-time-jobs thing and only apply for jobs that will pay me what I am actually worth and give me plenty of hours. Also, I don't want to be too busy to finish my degree this fall, so no more crap jobs/over-committing myself!

In sum, things are good, but I'm just waiting a job offer so I can start checking things off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment