Monday, March 26, 2012

New Doc and Health Update


Started seeing a new oncologist and I'm feeling pretty good about my choice. I have new insurance to navigate so naturally, I'm a little nervous! I was pleasantly surprised about their "up front" policy. They explain every procedure/charge/claim in detail during your visit and they get an estimate from your insurance prior to coming to the center. That way, I can budget my medical expenses. Yay!

So, I saw the doc. He was "impressed" by the knowledge I've gained about my illness and treatment. He explained that not many of his patients were interested in their treatment plans; health histories; medications; procedures etc. I was both flattered and concerned at the same time. How can someone NOT want to know as much as possible about their disease? I can certainly understand that some people don't know what to ask or where to get information, but I guess my personality is the "divide and conquer type." I want to know ALL THE THINGS!!

Anyway, after the doc prodded around my neck, chest, and stomach, they took blood to check for any abnormalities. I really hate it when they poke around into my neck and collarbone. It feels really, really unnatural.
They have me scheduled for a PET scan in a couple of months. Yeah. Not excited about that. But this is the life of a cancer survivor! Even so, I'd much rather know if there are any beasties in there metabolizing sugar like mother-f'ing gluttons!

No comments:

Post a Comment