Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cancer and Beauty

I think this is an awesome website, featuring photography of women who have/are undergoing breast cancer treatments. http://www.beautyandthebreastproject.com/index2.php

It inspired me to share my own post-cancer survivor pictures. This is a big deal for me. I am pretty self-conscious of my multiple scars and the marks that allude all manner of tubes, biposies, and medical devices. The area that housed my port has exploded into a very visble, red kleoid scar. I am still in the habit of tying a scarf around my neck or wearing baseball t-shirts to hide it. I'm learning to show it off more, but I'm afraid of getting the same old questions, "Wow, how did you get that nasty scar?", "What happened to YOU?"

This is my venture into cancer self-confidence! Enjoy! [not too much! ;)]


Hamming it up.


















Showing off my survivor tattoo!










Stay strong! You are beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment