Monday, April 18, 2011

Post-Defense Updates

Hi all! I successfully passed my defense and am now finished with my M.A.!! YAYY!! I'm pretty happy about being finished, but I have a long way to go until I get to Texas. David and I have been crunching some numbers and with his new job, once he starts, we will be living much more comfortably than we ever have. I am so happy and relieved to hear this because honestly, folks. I am tired of scraping and scavenging.

So far, I'm feeling pretty good health-wise. The radiation that was done to my neck/jaw area has, unfortunately, has helped decay back back molars. I will need dental work done before I leave for Texas. I'm a little worried about being able to afford more dental work (it was over 2k last time) and I'm just hoping and praying on that summer job I so desperately need.

Sometimes, I wish that someone would come and wave a magic wand over my life and make all of these problems go away. I don't want to be sick anymore and I think I deserve at least A FEW WEEKS without a medical problem cropping up.

ARRGGHHHH I hate you, cancer.

My medical insurance covers "injury to sound, natural teeth". I'm wondering if my teeth issues can be covered if it is categorized as radiation-induced? I sure as heck hope so, because it would be too much for me to pay right now. *sigh* FALL CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH. David and I will be both gainfully employed full time and I will have decent health and dental insurance; not this crap student insurance.

I've heard of this new phenomenon called "cyber begging"; where you post your financial woes and people donate funds to you. I'm seriously considering it at this point, because I don't think I can cough up the extra cash to get dental work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment